The modular architecture is booming. Minimizing costs, higher quality and reduced construction times make this type of building a powerful alternative during times of crisis.
The industrial construction has managed to reinvent itself. Not only applies to traditional spaces such as houses, but gradually it has reached other fields such as education or health. Replication capacity and flexibility of building to adapt to new circumstances makes the designed modular projects to be rapid solutions to urgent problems.
In addition, this type of industrial building is in constant renewal with the emergence of new proposals like the company Obox Housing SL that proposes export this type of architecture towards new spaces. This form of construction can be used to solve day to day issues in areas such as schools or health centers.
The Obox system is based on concrete modules of size 6 x 3 m covering all aspects of the construction process of any building susceptible to be implemented modularly, scrupulously fulfilling the CTE (Technical Code for Construction).
The system includes the following phases:
- Design of the architecture, which defines the roles and functions of each module
- The production of the module as the standard unit
- The transformation to meet specific objectives derived of the architectural project at the stage of completion and finishing
- Finally, the transport and assembly in the final location of the construction site
The Requests for service facilities of these buildings beginning to collect new specifications to be included in the new proposed solutions such as:
- To allow the full recovery quickly and inexpensively of all finished and complete modules
- Easy transportation and assembly at the new location
- Minimum elements of previous infrastructure on which the installation has to be performed
- The degree of prefabrication of the elements should be such as the tasks on site will be only the assembly of components to get a compound finished and working
The images above correspond to a proposed school for 450 students fulfilling those requirements.